How to do a Screen Capture
Taking a screenshot on your phone
If you are sending us a bug report or trying to ask a difficult-to-explain question, a screenshot can often make a huge difference.
If you aren’t familiar with taking screenshots on your phone, here’s how you can do it:
- Have the app visible, displaying exactly what you want to capture.
- On iPhones, press the power switch and the Home button at the same time. On Android phones you’ll usually press Power and Volume Down at the same time, though the exact combo sometimes depends on the phone (for example, on Samsung phones it is the Power and Home buttons).
- Your screen will ‘flash’ for a moment, indicating a picture was taken.
- Your entire phone screen has now been saved as a photo – it’s available via the standard Photos app just like photos you take with your camera. You can take as many screenshots as you want – each is simply added as another photo.
- Send us your screenshot(s) when you send your question / bug report.